Best Camcorders Under $1200 – Buying Guide
The camcorder device is a device electronically handled which permits a user to capture photos as well as record videos. This term “camcorder” is used to explain a portable type of device which is self-contained in nature and is enabled in video capturing and recording that serves its main function. The 21st-century camcorders have features like digital recording which has become a norm as well as supports storage facility like internal flash memory or SD cards.
This is a push to the company for cementing it as a stiff competitor to the huge names in the trade. The latest camcorders check off to all the main boxes in segments of features and materials as well as the specifications- and there’s quite a bit of special sauce in it. Grab the closer look.
• Size and Screen– There isn’t specifically much room across the screen size, and it’s a bit crowded. Metallic bars are present in regions above as well as below the size of the screen, though only the beneath one is a form of speaker.
• Camera and Lens– The common camera and the sensor cutouts can be viewed above the monitor, but there are extra three dots present out of which two are placed below the screen while another one is placed above the screen.
• LED Screens– Usage of infrared LEDs makes the model look fantastic. There are some other items which are utilized for detecting motion in order to trigger the unique control features put up by companies.
• Hardware and motion– Several companies have created its own form of touch made up of dedicated hardware for detecting controls of motion and recognition of voices.
• Processor– These processors are specialized with power inserted by the unique software and aids in minimizing the life of the battery and its impact permitting the device to last further than the usual period.
• Size and Space– These companies have inserted around 16GB of space inbuilt in it. The card slot has been inserted in this one, unlike the others which produced a bit of relaxation who is using the companies. They are also hoping that they will soon launch several versions with unique features.
• WI-FI access– the unique feature WI-FI enables you to directly upload the taken picture to your social media site as well as sending your selected photos to friends via Bluetooth.
• Optical image stabilization– the high definition control over still images is another factor which helps you in maintaining your balance well and takes the photo steadily, is another feature why you should consider in buying this product. It offers great services to the person who is buying it. It reduces the effect that is caused because of shaking which adversely helps you to capture the picture perfectly. In lower lighting situations also, this device is best to use.
Sub $1200 ($1000 – $1200) price range is good for decent pro- grade HD camcorders. These camcorders are good for home movies, short films and documentaries.
While looking for the best camcorder under 1200 dollars, we should look for following features in a camcorder:
- 1-Big enough LCD display screen,
- 2-Full 1080p HD capability,
- 3-Multiple frame rate recording,
- 4-3CCD(3CCD is better than CCD) sensor or big CMOS sensor for better low light performance,
- 5-Still shot modes with good enough pixel counts around 5MP,
- 6-High speed burst mode for slow motion videos,
- 7-Lots of Internal memory,
- 8-Good Battery Life.
Find the top HD camcorders under 1200 dollars at Amazon
Panasonic and Sony are the top manufacturers for this price range.
We have compiled this list on the basis of following points:
- – Expert review ratings from websites like Cnet, PCMag, DigitalTrend, TrustedReviews etc,
- – Amazon Customer reviews and ratings,
- – Product specifications and features.
- – Price range between $1000 to $1200.
Top 5 camcorders under 1200 dollars are given below:
Sony FDR-AX33 4K Ultra HD Handycam...
- PERFORMANCE: The Sony FDR-AX33 Camcorder is...
- FEATURES: 4K Ultra HD 24p/30p and 20.6MP Stills,...
- FACE DETECTION AND SMILE SHUTTER: Use Face...
- SUPERB NIGHT SHOOTING AND DUAL VIDEO RECORDING:...
- BOX INCLUDES: Sony FDR-AX33 4K Ultra HD Handycam...
Panasonic HC-WXF1 Wi-Fi 4K Ultra HD...
- KIT INCLUDES 12 PRODUCTS -- All BRAND NEW Items...
-  Panasonic HC-WXF1 Wi-Fi 4K Ultra HD Video...
-  Vidpro XM-45 Shotgun Mic +  Vidpro VB-12...
-  62mm (UV/CPL/ND8) Filters +  Vivitar DC-79...
-  PD 5pc Complete Cleaning Kit +  PD 8 SD...
Canon VIXIA HF G21 Full HD Camcorder
- Genuine Canon 20x high Definition optical zoom...
- New, advanced HD CMOS Pro image sensor with...
- Full HD 1920x1080 recording capabilities
- Outstanding image Reproduction
- Intelligent optical image stabilization system...
JVC GY-HM170UA Camcorder, 3.5", Black
- JVC gy-hm170u ultra 4K HD 4Kcam professional...
- Fully functional high performance 4K ultra HD...
- 12x optical zoom Lens and 4K CMOS sensor
Sony HDR-CX900 Full HD Handycam...
- 1" Exmor R CMOS Sensor 1080p Video and 20 MP Still...
- XAVC S, AVCHD, and MP4 Recording Options Zeiss...
- 12x Optical Zoom & 24x Clear Image Zoom BIONZ X...
- Optical SteadyShot Image Stabilization 0.39" OLED...
- Wi-Fi / NFC Connectivity Multi Interface Shoe for...
Best Camcorders Under $1200 – Conclusion
When you have so much money that you can afford high-end camcorder, you need to make sure the stuff that you are buying is actually high-end and not just some product with a sticker that says Full HD but delivers poor image quality. The above five camcorders listed have been handpicked to avail you the best under $1200.
Beginning with the dominant brand on the list i.e Sony, the HDR-TD30V Full HD Camcorder with a plethora of features is quite a good investment. At this price bracket, you can expect 3D recording which has been included in this camcorder and also a 3D touch panel for direct 3D viewing without the glasses. Sony’s legendary Exmor R CMOS Sensor is a part of the 20.4MP shooter that gives 1920 x 1080 videos at up to 60FPS. The 3D can be easily switched to 2D with the push of a button. 10x Optical Zoom gets you closer to what you are shooting without losing the touch of reality. Some of the other features that mark what a great camcorder this is are Golf shot, Wind Noise reduction, direct copy to HDD, Clear Phase Stereo speakers, built-in flash and more. Another premium camcorder by Sony is the FDR-AX33 which records at 4K resolution/30FPS and 1080p/60FPS. This one as well comes with a Exmor R CMOS Sensor and Bionz X Image Processor for excellent photos and videos. Zeiss Vario Sonnar T*Zoom Lens for 10x Optical and 20x Clear Image Zoom is a mind-blowing thing about this camcorder. For image stabilization, you have Balanced Optical SteadyShot, so that you can focus more on your baby’s first steps or their first poem recital.
Raising the stakes a bit more, we have HDR-CX900 by Sony, which is the ultimate pro camcorder for professional purpose as well. 1” Exmor R CMOS sensor increases the precision manifold, to make the 1080p video, clear like a fresh molded glass. And along with that, you also enjoy the ultra-sharp 20MP images that last forever. 12x Optical Zoom and 24x Clear Image Zoom indicate how this model by Sony is better than the other two on the list. Apart from all this, the Bionz X processor enables the videos to reach over 120FPS, effortlessly. To watch whatever you shoot, you have an Xtra-Fine LCD. Connectivity here can be achieved via NFC and WiFi, for quick transfer and other functions.
Panasonic HC-WXF991K on the list is one of the most expensive by the brand and features 4K video recording assisted by Electronic Viewfinder and Hybrid Optical Image Stabilization. Also, the in-camera editing tools help you chisel your creations right after you shoot them. Probably the lavish feature about this camcorder is its 20x Optical zoom that doesn’t lose it quality even at max. However, Canon VIXIA HF G40 has a better name in the market as it is one of the best by Canon, ever. This device also features a 20x HD Optical Zoom which is convenient, and jaw-dropping at the same time. The best of 1080p videos at 60FPS is what this camcorder proudly presents. Intelligent Optical Image Stabilizers with Powered and Dynamic modes make sure the picture is blur-free, whatsoever. And to transfer the media, you have WiFi with FTP transfer, making it a matter of seconds. Dual SD card slots enable the camcorder to hold more of your precious memories and the high-capacity battery stays up as long as you do.
Some other top camcorders under 1200 dollars are given below:
Canon VIXIA HF G30 HD Camcorder
The camcorder comes with 3.5 inches OLED screen and 20x HD video lens for better control and clear pictures. The camcorder is equipped with 8-Blade Aperture for better picture quality and background without any blurring effect. The camcorder has new DIGIC DV 4 processor, which helps in capturing dynamic shots and reducing noise pollution. Apart from this dual recording can be performed with the help of camcorder and recordings can range from 40 percent and 250 percent of original speed in slow and fast motion mode. With the help of inbuilt Wi-Fi, files can be transferred and GPS location can be tagged with photos. The audio quality of the camcorder is also the good and inbuilt cinema, look filters can take your images and videos to another level. This camcorder can be reviewed as the good product.
Sony HDR-PJ790V High Definition Handycam Camcorder
The camcorder consists of 10x optical zoom and 17x extended zoom with 3 inches ultra fine LCD touch screen for easy capturing of images and videos. The camcorder is good for movie making as it comes with HD recording, 5.1 channel mic, balanced optical steady shot image and a built-in projector. The camcorder has a built-in memory of 96 GB which can record and store up to 37 hrs and 50 min recording. The camcorder is equipped with many features like tracking focus, closer voice, intelligent auto, geotagging and many more which take pictures and videos to another level thus creating our work a masterpiece. Built-in Wi-Fi and USB helps in transferring data and charging the camcorder. Overall one of the best camcorder at this price.
Sony HDR-PJ650V High Definition Handycam Camcorder
If you want to create cinematic videos just go for Sony HDR-PJ650V which comes with 3 inch LCD touchscreen, 12x zoom and 20x extended zoom, in-built projector for showcasing your work, in-built flash, Wi-Fi and USB, Geotagging and superb sound system. The camcorder can record up to 11 hrs and 40 min recordings can be saved in built-in 32 GB memory. The camcorder comes with both manual and auto features which provide convenience to the user in capturing pictures and editing them as they want. It’s built-in high contrast 20-lumen projector deliver your memory any time you want and provides full cinematic experience when combined with stereo. Its intelligent auto feature helps in choosing appropriate settings from 180 combinations for images and videos. Overall, it is a good camcorder from Sony.
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
Last update on 2019-09-17 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API