Best Lightweight Laptop For Business – Buying Guide
Due to the sheer variety of functionality of laptops and tabs, they have found their place literally everywhere – in the place of business, personal use, schools, colleges, etc. But it doesn’t stop there laptops gone a further in customization and now a person can basically get any laptop with and without the features he/she wishes in their Laptop.
One such customization of laptops is the one used for business purposes, which are supposed to pack a punch all the while being portable and lightweight (easy to carry).
If you are looking for the lightweight business laptop, here are some features you need to check out:
A decent CPU with 4GB to 16GB RAM is enough and with a powerful Intel HD graphics chip the laptop will be helpful to deliver a good business presentation.
When it comes to lightweight laptops, they are usually for the purpose of being able to be carried around and thus need a good battery shelf life. If you are going to work on your presentation the whole day and need to deliver it the same you will need at least an 8hr worth battery power.
Screen size and weight
As the laptop needs to be portable look for laptops with 13 – 14-inch displays weighing no more than 3.5lb.
A good business laptop should always have good internet connectivity option. Bluetooth and Wi-Fi technology is a must-have in a laptop meant for business.
Thus, lightweight in no way means you have to compromise on the quality.
Check the top lightweight laptops for business at Amazon.com
Top 5 lightweight laptops for business are given below:
Apple MacBook Air (13-inch Retina...
- Stunning 13. 3-Inch Retina Display
- Touch ID
- Dual-core 8th-Generation Intel Core i5 Processor
- Intel UHD Graphics 617
- Fast SSD Storage
- 8GB memory
- Stereo speakers with wider Stereo sound
- Two Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) ports
- Up to 12 hours of battery life
- Latest Apple-designed keyboard
- OS : macOS Sierra (10.12)
Video -Apple MacBook Air 2018 review: premium economy
Apple MacBook Pro (13" Retina, 2.3GHz...
- Dual-core 7th-generation Intel Core i5 processor
- Brilliant Retina display
- Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640
- Ultrafast SSD
- Two Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) ports
- Up to 10 hours of battery life
- Force Touch trackpad
- macOS Mojave, inspired by pros but designed for...
Video -Apple MacBook Pro 13" (2018): Unboxing & Review
Huawei MateBook X Pro Signature Edition...
- World's First FullView Display: Immersive...
- Powerful Inside: Windows 10 Home Signature Edition...
- Home Theater: 3K touchscreen with 3, 000 x 2, 000...
- One Touch Power Button: Enabling users to power on...
- Includes compact Mate Dock 2.0: USB-A port, USB-C...
Video -Huawei MateBook X Pro Review: EXcellent Value and Design!
HP ENVY 13” Thin Laptop w/ Fingerprint...
- CUTTING-EDGE SECURITY: State-of-the-art security...
- BIOS RECOVERY AND PROTECTION: Automatically checks...
- DISTINCTIVE DESIGN: High-quality, durable,...
- SUPER FAST PROCESSOR: 8th Generation Intel(R)...
- 4K DISPLAY: 13.3-inch diagonal 4K IPS micro-edge...
- MEMORY AND HARD DRIVE: 16 GB DDR4-2400 SDRAM (not...
- BATTERY LIFE: Up to 12 hours and 45 minutes (mixed...
- DIMENSIONS AND WEIGHT (unpackaged): 12.08 in (H) x...
- OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows 10 Home
- WARRANTY: 1-year limited hardware warranty with...
- OS : Windows 10 Home
Video -HP Envy 13 Review: Premium and Affordable (2018)
2019 Lenovo ThinkPad E580 15.6" Inch HD...
- Memory: 8GB DDR4 RAM, Storage: 256GB Samsung PCIe...
- 15.6-Inch Anti-Glare (1366x768) Display with Front...
- Intel Core i5-7200U 2.5 GHz (Turbo 3.10 GHz, 2...
- 802.11ac Dual-Band Wireless (2x2) + BT4.1 Combo,...
- Windows 10 Professional 64-bit - Ideal for Home,...
Video -Lenovo ThinkPad E580 Review | An Affordable Programmers Laptop!
Some other top lightweight laptops for business are given below:
Acer Switch Alpha 12 2-n-1 Laptop
When you’re in the corporate section, the weight of performance and results are enough to not leave space for anything else. In this situation, a lightweight laptop might lighten up things a little bit for you. Thanks to Acer for launching the Switch Alpha 12, now you can lay off at least the hassle of carrying a heavy digital companion.
When we talk about the design of Switch Alpha 12, we see something that a typical business person has always craved for. Lightweight, Convertible, Slim, Sturdy are just some of the attributes that this laptop carries. With a weight of 2.8 pounds, it is like it’s not even there. But in the hour of need, it becomes the perfect companion you need. Turn it around into a tablet or use the U-frame kickstand; whatever you’re comfortable with, is comfortable with it. Also extremely slim, it is just 0.6 inches in thickness and can be carried comfortably. For the times when need to do things quicker, the Acer Active Pen participates actively as a pointing device.
Promising deliverance at every step, the Acer Switch Alpha is power packed with a 6th Gen Intel Core i3 Processor with 2.3 GHz and 3MB L3 cache for the most cumbersome of tasks. 4GB LPDDR3 RAM teams up best with the i3 processor for sharp performance. As the laptop is more focused on business purpose, a sufficient amount of graphical performance is rendered by the Intel HD Graphics 520. And because you know you can’t compromise with overall speed when it comes to leaving a lasting impression with your presentations, 128 GB SSD hard drive doesn’t let you down when you need to draw or transfer files immediately. And the 12” QHD 2160 x 1440, LED-backlit, Multi-touch display might not be enough for casual use but proves to be useful with the Active Pen. For business conferences, the laptop has a 2MP front facing HD Webcam and a 5MP rear facing Full HD cam. A little entertainment on the side is always needed; to keep up with it the Acer TrueHarmony High-performance sound system that sports two front facing speakers, makes up for mega entertainment.
Connectivity has ample number of options here such as USB 3.1 Type C port, USB 3.0 port, 802.11 ac Dual band WiFi, Bluetooth 4.0 and MicroSD up to 128GB.
Windows 10 is the core software that brings the components together in the best possible way. But the 8 hours battery life keeps up with your busy schedule without complaining for power is the feature that actually is the most useful one.
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
Last update on 2019-09-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API