Best Pocket Camcorders For Low Light – Buying Guide
Having a small device that is easy to the pocket is convenient, especially when it comes to the pocket camcorder. This is more like a miniature version of a video camera, which is compact in design and low in cost as well. However, when looking for the best camcorder for low light you need to keep a few things in mind that are essential to make the right choice:
- – If you are looking for recording videos in low-light conditions then you need to choose a camcorder that facilitates in capturing videos in uncomfortable light situations.
- – Go for a camcorder that has an inbuilt LED or flash to facilitate in shooting a video in any light condition.
- – Another interesting thing to look for is the ability to capture videos in night-mode. This mode enables in capturing videos in dim light or after dark videos involving low light conditions around the time of dusk. This specific mode may vary with different brands and models that you are looking for.
- – Remember to check for the capability of macro-mode. This mode helps in achieving maximum close-ups to get a closer or a more refined video capture of a thing or a person at a specified distance.
- – Interestingly you can go for the camcorder that is waterproof to enable capturing videos underwater.
- – Another thing to keep in mind is that of the video quality that a pocket camcorder is able to provide. It should be capable of HD recording to its level best.
- – The operability of the camcorder should be simple, more like a one-touch button or a few function buttons that are essential in recording a video.
Top 5 pocket camcorders for low light are given below:
Canon VIXIA HF R800 Camcorder (Black)
Video -Canon Vixia HF R800 Review; Best Entry Level Video Camcorder of 2017?
Panasonic Full HD Camcorder HC-V180K,...
YI 4K Action and Sports Camera, 4K/30fps...
Hausbell Video Camera Camcorder Digital...
4K Ultra HD Infrared Night Vision and...
Best Pocket Camcorders For Low Light – Conclusion
Pocket camcorders are handy, easy to use and are deployable, anywhere anytime. Hence, there is no need to make feel how much you need one of these five shortlisted camcorders to capture those sudden moments that you would otherwise miss.
The smallest of the five is the GoPro Hero 5 which is rugged, waterproof, dust-proof and shockproof. In short, damage proof. It offers 4K video recording at 30FPS and 1080p at 60FPS and then some lower resolutions. 12MP Still Photos in single, burst and time-lapse mode are sharp, bright and detailed enough. It has a 2-inch touch display which is, despite being small, quite convenient to use. Talking of convenience, it has the simple one-button design for all purpose. Other features that might compel you to buy this are Voice control, advanced video stabilization, Stereo audio, Geotagging, Exposure control and easy sharing with GoPro Plus subscription.
Canon VIXIA HF R800 is also a good and portable option with Full HD CMOS sensor for great low-light recording. The video it shoots is of 1080p resolution with 60FPS. 57x Advanced Zoom and Super Range OIS avoid blur in the content and create vivid images with appropriate sharpness. DIGIC DV 4 Image Processor is the main component that processes images to look that great. Moreover, it has an LCD touch panel 3 inches big and comfortable. Some of the shooting modes it offers are Slow and Fast Motion, Highlight Priority Mode and Zoom Framing Assist.
Two products by Panasonic have also been included in the chart – HC V180K and HC-V770. With a wireless smartphone twin video capture utility offered by the HC-V770, create an effect that in turn creates something amazing. 20x Optical Zoom delivers high-quality images even from a considerable distance and the HDR Movie mode lights up the video to an appeasing extent in quite low-light conditions. BSI Sensor also assists the mechanism to produce well-lit content. For alignment and blur issues, the camcorder has Level Shot function and OIS. And no matter what conditions, the Crystal Engine by Panasonic always churns out better and better videos. The HC-V1080K is the most budget-friendly option in the list which comes with features like 1080p recording, 90x Intelligent zoom, 5-Axis Hybrid OIS, 50x Optical Zoom, 2-channel Audio and BSI Sensors for low-light management.
Sony FDR-AX53 is another 4K camcorder we have put on the list for numerous reasons. First of all, it has 1080p recording assisted by Exmor R sensor which is one of the best technologies for imparting proper light to the content. Then the Balanced Optical SteadyShot Stabilization keeps the frame from misaligning, when you are 20x optically and 30x Clear Image zoomed in, in 4K mode; all made even better by the 26.8 ZEISS lens. Premium 5-directional audio and high-quality 4K Time Lapse are some more quality features offered by this amazing Sony cam.
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
Last update on 2019-09-22 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API