Best Projectors – Buying Guide
The best projectors are equipped with high brightness around 3500 lumen and high resolutions. Higher the brightness(Lumen) better the projector and higher the resolution better the projector.
There are following types of projectors:
- LCD projectors are entry level not very costly projectors with good brightness, impressive contrast ratio, and black levels.
- LED projectors are efficient but expensive than LCD projectors. These projectors have longer lamp life, more brightness and vibrant images than LCD projectors.
- Liquid crystal on silicon(LCoS, also referred as reflective LCD) projectors are not very popular as compared to LCD or DLP projectors but these projectors can be pricey. LCoS projectors are can be very bright, resolutions tend to start at SXGA(800×600), Smooth image, great color saturation, and accuracy.
- Digital Light Processing(DLP) projectors are the best quality most expensive projectors on the market. These projectors are equipped with high brightness around 3000 lumens or more and high resolution. Cinema projectors are DLP projectors, these projectors are expensive but the maintenance cost is lesser than LCD and LED projectors.
Resolution and brightness are the two main factors in projectors.
Based on the resolution we have different types of projectors:
- SVGA: Cheapest projectors in the market with 800×600 resolution and these projectors are good for basic use like power points and basic projections.
- XGA: XGA projectors have 1024×768 resolution. These projectors are good for basic projections in schools and colleges.
- WXGA: WXGA projectors have 1280×800 resolution. These projectors are better than XGA and SVGA.
WXGA projectors support high-resolution widescreen laptops and are more expensive than XGA and SVGA.
- SXGA+: SXGA+ projectors support the 1400×1050 resolution which is good for detailed projection like image projections. They are more expensive than WXGA projectors.
- UXGA: UXGA projectors support 1600×1200 resolution. These projectors are most expensive and used for very detailed graphics projections like medical imaging.
Lumen is the measurement unit for brightness. Higher the Lumen count better the brightness and higher the brightness(Lumen) better the projector. Based on brightness we have divided the projectors into different brightness range.
- < 2000 lumen: Projectors with less than 2000 lumen can be used in very low light conditions. These kind of projectors are small and easy to set-up and use.
- 2000-3000 lumen: Projectors with 2000-3000 lumen are basic use projectors but can be used in some light conditions also, good for office use power-point projections and meetings.
- 3000-4500 lumen: Projectors with 3000-4500 lumen are very good for halls and conference rooms. Nowadays portable projectors with around 3500 lumens are available at the very good price.
- > 4500 lumens: Projectors with more than 4500 lumens are high-performance projectors for music concerts and big conferences.
What to Look For in a projector:
- Ease of use and handle
- Picture quality(resolution) and brightness
- Technical specifications
- Support and customer care
Check the top video projectors at Amazon
Top 5 projectors are given below:
Optoma HD143X 1080p 3000 Lumens 3D DLP...
- Bright 1080p Projection: Bring the cinematic experience home...
- Stunning Picture Quality: Add stunning color and detail to...
- Extended Lamp Life: With an extended lamp life of an...
- Flexible Zoom & Throw Ratio: 1.1x zoom and 1.47 - 1.62 throw...
- Transform Your Living Room into a Big-Screen Home Theater:...
- Flexible Connectivity: Connect to a cable box, Blu-ray...
- Easy to Carry: Compact and easy to carry from room to room,...
Positive/Critical Customer Reviews:
Video -Best $500 Amazon Projector In 2018 - Optoma HD143X Full Review
VANKYO Performance V600 Native 1080P LED...
- 【NATIVE 1080P FULL HD RESOLUTION】With native resolution...
- 【+80% BRIGHTER THAN OTHERS】Featuring 4500 lux of...
- 【ULTRA LONG-LASTING LAMP】With long-lasting lamps, this...
- 【VERSATILE DIGITAL CONNECTIVITY】The V600 has two HDMI...
- 【THREE-YEAR WARRANTY & PROFESSIONAL SUPPORT】VANKYO...
Mini Projector, Vamvo Ultra Mini...
- COMPACT, PORTABLE, VERSATILE ---- This projector's compact...
- MULTI-SCREEN SHARING ---- Vamvo mini projector adopts the...
- VIBRANT DISPLAY ---- Make it your personal sports game...
- MULTIMEDIA VIDEO PROJECTOR* ---- This mini projector is...
- RISK-FREE WARRANTY & LOCAL CUSTOMER SERVICE ---- Vamvo...
Positive/Critical Customer Reviews:
Video -VAMVO Ultra Mini Portable DLP Projector - PS4 / XBOX One on 100" Screen
ViewSonic 1080p Projector with 3500...
- SUPERSIZED MOVIES AND GAMES: Immersive theater-like colors...
- CINEMATIC COLORS: Exclusive SuperColor technology offers a...
- REDUCED INPUT LATENCY: Ideal for intense action-packed...
- LONG LAMP LIFE: SuperEco mode allows the lamp to shine...
- INDUSTRY-LEADING WARRANTY: 3-year limited parts and labor...
- FLEXIBLE CONNECTIVITY: Supports most media players, gaming...
- INCLUDED IN THE BOX: PX700HD 1080p Projector, Power Cable,...
Positive/Critical Customer Reviews:
BenQ TK800M 4K UHD Home Theater...
- TRUE UHD 4K: Enjoy immersive sports experience with true 4K...
- EXPERIENCE COLOR AND CLARITY: See more true-to-life colors...
- HDR 4K EXPERIENCE: Exclusive projector-optimized HDR design...
- CRYSTAL CLEAR IMAGE: All glass 4k-optimized lens Array (7...
- FLEXIBLE SETUP: Auto Keystone correction & 1.1x Zoom makes...
- HIGH CONTRAST RATIO: A high native contrast ratio ensures...
- DLP TECHNOLOGY: DLP is the leading technology used in 90% of...
Some other top projectors are given below:
Optoma HD142X Projector
There are times when we need a media event to be big enough to actively encompass everyone. For that purpose, you can simply get a projector which doesn’t burn a hole in your pocket as much as a large display does. The top best projectors need to have all the decisive factors in the right proportion with the right kind of projection technology.
Lightweight and user-friendly Optoma HD142X is one such projector that produces accurate images while being energy-efficient at the same time. The 3D DLP projection delivers sharper images with a better response time. With a lumen count of 3000 ANSI, it is just at par with the minimum required for home theater purpose, operating on low power. The 1080p resolution makes watching videos, a delectable experience with its sharp, non-pixelated image. For better color production and enhanced picture-quality, REC 709 Color Space is in charge. 10W built-in speakers, HDMI with 3D support, 3.5 MM audio out are some of the features which makes HD142X, a fairly equipped projector.
A pretty high contrast ratio of 23000:1 vouchers for a more contrasting view. The keystone correction saves you the hassles of finding a perfectly flat surface; though lens shift is missing in this projector. In terms of reliability, 1-year warranty on Limited parts and labor has been covered. The company claims a lamp life of 8000 hours. Looking at the specs, it doesn’t need much reasoning to understand that this projector is pure value for money.
Optoma HD141X 1080p 3D DLP Projector
Optomo is a respectable name in the market and thus they have launched another brilliant product in the market. This is an ideal projector for the customers who enjoy watching movies, series or matches and love to play video games on a large screen. This product offers a remarkable 3000 lumens bright image with a commendable contrast ratio of 20000:1.
It has a sharp display up to 300” (diagonal). This projector box offers 2 HDMI ports with MHL compatibility and VESA 3D sync port which is compatible with many Blu-ray players, Xbox, PS3, and other devices. It has a 12 V jack for motorized screen automation and a powerful 10W audio system. This product offers a value for money entertainment which you can enjoy with family and friends. The DLP chip offers a razor-sharp display with a 144Hz refresh rate, which makes this product one of a kind in this segment.
ViewSonic PJD5134 SVGA DLP Projector
ViewSonic has brought a tough competition in the market with this product. It is the best in its segment in this price range. This high performance DLP projector has a SVGA 800 x 600 resolutions with 3,000 ANSI lumens brightness. It also has an unrivaled 15000:1 contrast ratio.
It comes with an HDMI and a dual VGA display. It has great features like S-video, VGA/ audio out and has integrated speakers. It has an impressive 1,1x optical zoom
It has the RS-232 computer serial port, which makes it easy to connect to the computer.
It does have some stand out features like the 3D Blu-ray ready, vertical keystone correction and remote control. The smart system Dynamic Eco Technology is useful as it reduces the brightness by 70%. This projector offers a best in class movie experience and in this price bracket deserves the supreme rank not because it has some good features but because it has many standing out specialties.
BenQ W1070 1080p 3D DLP Projector
This product offers a HD quality display by using a 1080p DarkChip3 DLP technology by Texas Instruments. It has 2000 lumens brightness with 10000:1 contrast ratio. It has many supporting inputs – HDMI, 3D broadcasting, video games, and NVIDIA 3DTV PC connectivity. It has 2 HDMI ports with multiple connectivity options. It is compact in size and its light weight makes it handy. It has a smart calibration feature which help adapts the system to any room layout, size and adjust to the ambient lighting. It has inbuilt speakers which are quite loud and give a cinema-like experience when watching movies.
The Eco smart mode saves power by automatically adjusting the lamp brightness and offers high-quality picture and display. The company has designed a new set of glasses for this product to offer a lifelike display for your movies or games.
Best Projectors – Conclusion
Puzzled about projector?? Well, you are in the right place to find the best one. But why buy a projector when a have bigger screen television. The reason is with a projector you can experience gaming, movies, entertainment, information and much more at a new level which bring thrill, action and those eye-catching effects. Here are some points you need to take note before buying projectors.
– More the contrast ratio greater the ability of the projector to show delicate color & brightness details. This is all that the contrast ratio is all about. So go for those projectors which provide a higher contrast ratio.
– With Technology we indicate the engine type available in projectors. Let discuss few of them.
• DLP i.e. Digital light processing which uses reflective technology provides charming output. It provides cheaper projection and these projectors require less maintenance than other projectors.
• Liquid crystal display (LCD) provides a balanced brightness than other projectors.
• LCoS, a blend of DLP and LCD projectors provide the best output as compared with DLP and LCD. But you need to loosen your pocket a bit to grab the one.
– This totally depends upon the application you are going use in a projector and the resolution available in your laptop/PC. Some basic choices for native resolution are revealed below.
• SVGA (800×600) – SVGA projectors are best for a lower budget. Go for these projectors if you going to use it for PowerPoint presentation or which have less resolution.
• XGA (1024×768) – Over the past few years, these projectors have become the budget standard. These projectors ensure you won’t lose any detail and colors.
• WXGA (1280×800) – WXGA projectors are more expensive than XGA and are used with mid-range widescreen laptops. They are becoming common these days.
• SXGA+ (1400×1050) – SXGA+ projectors are used in detailed photography and data graphics. They are a bit expensive than XGA and SVGA projectors.
• UXGA (1600×1200) – These projectors displays richer graphical application. These are expensive projectors that support a broad range of computer equipment.
• WUXGA (1920×1200) – WUXGA projectors have the capability of displaying 1080p HD signals. These projectors quite expensive than any other projector types.
– Bigger lumen count means more brightness. Always remember brighter is not always better. So how much bright it should be? 1,000 to 1,200 lumens can easily project a large, clear image when you use a dark room for your home purpose. While using 2000-3000 lumens projector you can easily watch anything without switching off the lights but only for the projection of PowerPoint presentation. 3000-4500 lumens are more expensive and are used in large rooms. >4500 lumens projectors are specialized projectors which are used in big conferences.
– This is definitely the point to look out for. If you can spend the good amount, go for an LCoS projector else you can still buy DLP and LCD projectors.
The best projectors literally mean the best in every sense, including efficiency and economy. And apparently, as price tags do not decide the worth of something, this list of best projectors has products from a huge price spectrum; from average to extremely good.
Optoma HD142X could be a pretty good choice if you prefer DLP projection over other methods. On the plus side, it has 3000ANSI Brightness which makes it suitable for low-light entertainment or presentations. Connect it with your favorite HD devices such as a laptop, SmartTV, and Smartphone through MHL offered by one of the HDMI ports. For gaming purpose, you need a projector with a short throw, and fortunately, we do have Optoma GT1080 Darbee with 3000 lumens and 28000:1 Contrast ratio for bright gaming. And its Short Throw of 0.49:1 makes it easy to install it in a small area. For adding more detail to gaming, the DarbeeVision Processor enhances texture and depth to its native 1080p picture.
Another one with a slightly better 3200 Lumen count, the Epson PowerLite 1781W 3LCD projector offers much better color retention and sharpness which makes it an affordable option for home entertainment. Affordability is another aspect of the best products, and that brings us to appreciating the DBPOWER T20 Mini Projector, which has amazing wireless connectivity and MHL support for smartphone and other wireless devices. The projector also supports up to 1080p resolution and has a screen size ranging from 32” to 176”. Talking about brightness, its 1500 lumens of Brightness makes it quite suitable for dark and low lit environments.
However, if you need a projector that you can use anywhere, anytime, without worrying about the light conditions, JVC Professional Series DLP projector with 5000 lumens should seal the deal for you. Apart from its high-definition 1280 x 800 widescreen resolution, its 3D DLP technology makes sure watching movies is no less than a theatrical experience for you. For picture adjustment, it supports Lens shift, Keystone correction and Corner correction, which means no alignment issues whatsoever. For connectivity, it has LAN, USB Type A and B, S video, 2 x HDMI ports, VGA and RS 232.
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating 4.5 / 5. Vote count: 2
Last update on 2019-12-13 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API