Best Prosumer Camcorders – Buying Guide
To demark between prosumer and consumer camcorders the distinction in form of specialized larger lenses and the presence of dedicated imaging chips in the prosumer camcorders for aiming superior optics coupled with enhanced low light performancemay be specified. The best in the range of prosumer camcorders, in general, are observed to be featured with a number of pro-grade functionality like full-HD capability, flash media, hard drive, good capacity HDD and high-end CCD. Moreover, they offer optical zoom of 10X or above, very high zoom around 100X digital zoom and all these are expected to be integrated with a small frame making it compact and weighing just about a pound. A list of the best prosumer camcorders is being listed as the following keeping in mind about the concomitant trickiness. These camcorders are in price range $1000 to $2000.
Check the top prosumer camcorders at Amazon
Top 5 prosumer camcorders are given below:
Canon VIXIA HF G21 Full HD Camcorder
- Genuine Canon 20x high Definition optical zoom Lens
- New, advanced HD CMOS Pro image sensor with improved...
- Full HD 1920x1080 recording capabilities
- Outstanding image Reproduction
- Intelligent optical image stabilization system with powered...
Canon XA11 Professional Camcorder
- Genuine Canon 20x High Definition Optical Zoom Lens
- New, Advanced HD CMOS Pro Image Sensor with Improved...
- Full HD 1920x1080 Recording Capabilities
- 3.0-inch LCD Capacitive Touchscreen with Tilt able...
- Video Recording System:Compression: MPEG-4...
Positive/Critical Customer Reviews:
Canon VIXIA HF G40 Full HD Camcorder
- 20x High Definition Optical Zoom Lens
- Advanced HD CMOS Pro Image Sensor with Improved Low-light...
- 1080/60p Recording in MP4
- Built-in Wi-Fi Technology with FTP Transfer Capability
- 3.5-inch OLED Viewscreen with 10,000:1 Contrast Ratio and...
- Dual SD Card Slots, Using Readily Available, Consumable...
- Intelligent Optical Image Stabilization System with Powered...
- High-capacity Battery Included
Sony FDR-AX33 4K Ultra HD Handycam...
- PERFORMANCE: The Sony FDR-AX33 Camcorder is equipped with a...
- FEATURES: 4K Ultra HD 24p/30p and 20.6MP Stills, 1080p Up to...
- FACE DETECTION AND SMILE SHUTTER: Use Face Detection to...
- SUPERB NIGHT SHOOTING AND DUAL VIDEO RECORDING: This feature...
- BOX INCLUDES: Sony FDR-AX33 4K Ultra HD Handycam Camcorder,...
JVC GY-HM170UA Camcorder, 3.5", Black
- JVC gy-hm170u ultra 4K HD 4Kcam professional camcorder & top...
- Fully functional high performance 4K ultra HD camcorder
- 12x optical zoom Lens and 4K CMOS sensor
Best Prosumer Camcorders – Conclusion
For professional consumers, the camcorders have to be a level above their expectations. Not only the camcorders should be high-end, but they also have to comfortable enough to hold and carry as it is going to be a long day. These five camcorders listed above are the best professionals’ cams in your reach.
Canon G40 and XA 30 are the two well-known camcorders you would need to get things going for you. Comparatively, both the cams have 1080p video, Full HD CMOS Image Sensor, 20x Optical Zoom, Optical Image Stabilization, SDXC/SDHC support, different light exposure and white balance settings, OLED display, WiFi connectivity for FTP transfer and DIGIV DV 4 Image Processor. However, there are reasons why XA 30 is a better camcorder than the G40 such as 3.5-inch vs latter’s 3.0-inch, Superb Image Reproduction, superior Advanced HD CMOS Pro Image Sensor with better low-light performance, XLR audio microphone and a detachable handle contributing to its ergonomic design that keeps up with your style.
The Sony HDR-CX900 is a versatile choice for professionals providing them the freedom to carry this super-convenient handheld camcorder wherever they go. Talking about the technical specs, it records videos in 1080p/60FPS via ZEISS Vario Sonnar T lens and zooms up to 20x optically. 24x Clear Image Zoom comes in handy if you require a better close up. Besides, the 1” Exmor R CMOS sensor with Direct Pixel Readout reduces noise production in images and makes low-light recording easy. At higher zoom levels, Optically SteadyShot Image Stabilization with Active mode keeps things steady and the BIONZ X image processor keeps a check on what the picture is lacking at and fills in the gap for great 120FPS videos.
Now even though the Sony HXR-NX100 is a 1080p camcorder, it beats the average 4K quality videos anyday; reason being that there are many refining factors like 1” Exmor R CMOS, Sony G Lens, 12x Optical Zoom, 24x Clear Image Zoom, ND Filter and 3-ring lens for complete control. To keep the picture stable during dynamic activities, the NX100 has Active SteadyShot Stabilization technology. And to store your stuff, dual media slots are always ready to fit in more than ever.
From the FDR series by Sony, the AX100 is a 4K recorder with typical larger than life Sony features. 1” Exmor R CMOS sensor with Direct Pixel Readout gives out better picture quality with lesser noise and better details. For videos, the resolution is 14MP, whereas for images it’s 20MP. ZEISS Vario Sonnar lens with 12x Optical Zoom takes you closer to the subject and for an even closer look, 24x Clear Image Zoom does just the job. To take care of the frame rates, the BIONZ X Processor infuses 120FPS in the videos for superior smooth videos on the large screen. However, the videos can instantly be checked out after recording on its 3.5-inch Xtra Fine LCD. And as expected the videos are blur-free and ultra-stable; thanks to the Optical SteadyShot Image Stabilization with Active Mode. One-touch sharing and remote controlling are the fascinating wireless features that can be experienced via NFC/WiFi linking.
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
No votes so far! Be the first to rate this post.
Last update on 2019-11-21 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API