Best Ultraportable Laptops – Buying Guide
Ultraportable laptops are designed to provide easy portability. Mostly available in screen sizes ranging between 11 to 14 inches, these laptops weigh much less than the usual laptops. A closed ultraportable laptop is as thin as 1.5″ or even less thereby making is extremely easy to carry.
Apparently, the users often complain about their keyboards which are smaller than that of the usual laptops thus making it difficult to type. The battery life is also comparatively shorter. However, these laptops are still a hot favorite especially amongst those who require carrying their laptops along frequently. The high-end ultraportable laptop models even offer good battery power and are considered to be the best option for business travelers.
Available from various reputed brands, the best ultraportable laptops come at an affordable rate, offer good display and superb sound quality and are equipped with a good processor, good low light webcams, Bluetooth and built-in WiFi. The best of the lot even comes with a colorful responsive touchscreen and good security options. These laptops have a minimum of 4 GB RAM and Hard Drive with a storage capacity of minimum 250 GB which is enough to run various applications.
Find the best ultraportable laptops at Amazon
Top 5 best ultraportable laptops are given below:
Apple MacBook Air (13-inch Retina...
- Stunning 13. 3-Inch Retina Display
- Touch ID
- Dual-core 8th-Generation Intel Core i5 Processor
- Intel UHD Graphics 617
- Fast SSD Storage
- 8GB memory
- Stereo speakers with wider Stereo sound
- Two Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) ports
- Up to 12 hours of battery life
- Latest Apple-designed keyboard
- OS : macOS Mojave
Video -Apple MacBook Air 2018 review: premium economy
Apple MacBook Pro (13" Retina, 2.3GHz...
- Dual-core 7th-generation Intel Core i5 processor
- Brilliant Retina display
- Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640
- Ultrafast SSD
- Two Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) ports
- Up to 10 hours of battery life
- Force Touch trackpad
- macOS Mojave, inspired by pros but designed for...
Video -Apple MacBook Pro 13" (2018): Unboxing & Review
Huawei MateBook X Pro Signature Edition...
- World's First FullView Display: Immersive...
- Powerful Inside: Windows 10 Home Signature Edition...
- Home Theater: 3K touchscreen with 3, 000 x 2, 000...
- One Touch Power Button: Enabling users to power on...
- Includes compact Mate Dock 2.0: USB-A port, USB-C...
Video -Huawei MateBook X Pro Review: EXcellent Value and Design!
ASUS ZenBook 14 Ultra Thin & Light...
- Stunning NanoEdge 14" FHD display with 86%...
- Super Compact & Slim at less than 0.65" thin,...
- Latest Intel 8th Gen Core i7-8565U Processor (Up...
- 8GB LPDDR3 RAM, 512GB NVMe PCIe M.2 SSD, Wi-Fi 5...
- Exclusive ErgoLift hinge automatically tilts The...
- 47Whr Li-Polymer battery providing up to 10 hours...
- Windows 10 Home. Built-in fingerprint sensor for...
- Harman Kardon Certified quad-speakers for...
- Mil-std-810g military-grade durability
- Carrying Sleeve and optical mouse included in the...
Video -How is this so Cheap? - New 2019 ASUS ZenBook 14 UX431 Review
LG Gram Thin and Light Laptop - 17"...
- 17-Inch WQXGA (2560 x 1600) resolution 16: 10 IPS...
- Intel 8th Generation Intel Core i7-8565u Processor
- Windows home 10
- 72Wh Lithium battery - up to 19. 5 hours Battery...
- Thunderbolt 3
- 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD
- Mil-std-810g durability standard
Video -LG gram 17 Review - Lightest 17" Laptop
Best Ultraportable Laptops – Conclusion
Portability is a technical trait that everyone looks for in any type of electronic item and laptops are no exception. You too probably won’t want to carry a bulky laptop that’s a tedious task to open every time. So the above list contains a group of handpicked laptops that are not bulky but loaded with features and performance. If you think a laptop can’t be lighter than a couple of pounds, think again; because the Samsung Notebook 9 is just 1.76 pounds in weight and is the slimmest by Samsung with just 0.55 inches of thickness. And the features like Intel Core i5, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD, Intel HD Graphics 620 and USB Type C show how serious Samsung was in making its masterpiece. And with a similar appearance, the Asus Zenbook is another laptop with just 2.6 lbs which is as powerful as Notebook 9. So it’s upon you which brand you trust more.
A little heavier than these two is the Apple MacBook Pro, which is also as powerful as the above two if we compare the specifications. But then we know that when it comes to optimization, Apple always comes at the top. However, the Touch Bar is another attractive feature that you might want to consider before making a choice. With 3.66 lbs of weight, the HP Pavilion comes with an Intel Core i3, 6GB RAM, Intel HD Graphics, 500GB HDD, 13.3” touchscreen, which is convertible. So, performance wise, this laptop should be considered if you have light usage requirements. Now the most powerful machine on our list is the Razer Blade GTX 1060 which has an Intel Core i7 to beat the most cumbersome of tasks and a 16GB RAM to multitask like a pro. For gaming, it’s a GTX 1060 GPU and some really amazing dedicated features for pro-gaming.
How useful was this post?
Click on a star to rate it!
Average rating / 5. Vote count:
Last update on 2019-09-15 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API